I thought we should have a Tools page that you can always come to for all your architecture or any sort of design projects you might be involved in. This page will be updated from time to time, since we’re adding new resources as we discover and use them, this page will be referenced quite often in the future. I recommend bookmarking it for future reference. Enjoy
Note: some of the links below are affiliate links to products that will earn me a commission. These are all things that I have experience with and that I am recommending because they are helpful to what we do and are companies that I trust, not because of the commissions that I may earn from you using these products or services. – Dan F.
- Nemetschek Allplan: the best solution for designing and drawing floor plans and 3D objects with ease. Although it can be a bit tricky untill you get your way around it, is really easy and fast to work with it.
- Cinema 4D: a very complex software, used in conjunction with Allplan can get amazing results. Been using this one since the very beginning. Allplan can export your 3D building directly into Cinema 4D with mapped textures, lights and every presets you might use in Allplan. You can generate photo realistic images and videos with C4D as well.
- Vray for C4D: will take your C4D scene to a whole new level of realism and when you know what you’re doing can decrease render times seriously.
- Nemetschek Allplan: will work great for any interior design you might work on, but if design is your only activity, then you probably can find a cheaper solution like: SketchUp.
- Cinema 4D: if you want to create astonishing renders this is the best I’ve worked with, but of course there are cheaper solutions that will offer pretty decent results like: Blender.
- Autodesk Homestyler: this is an amazing free online resource where you can design and create your projects directly on the website, and then save it if you have an account (creating one is free of course). See our review
- Adobe Photoshop CS5: redefines digital imaging with a focus on photography; breakthrough capabilities for superior image selections, image retouching, and realistic painting; and a wide range of enhancements. You can design templates, logos, buttons and any graphical element you can think of in Photoshop.
- Adobe Illustrator CS5: you can design and create websites in Illustrator as well, but this software is best suited for anybody that needs to work with vectors, and needs high quality crisp sharp results. Recommended for design professionals worldwide that want to take advantage of the exceptional precision and power to create distinctive vector artworks. This software combines highly controllable drawing tools with expressive natural brushes and dramatic effects in order to obtain unique, striking designs.