I’ve seen people trying hard to get that exact color they imagined for their interior, the one they’ve seen on their best friend’s living room wall, and it’s always a killer to try to match someone’s idea with the reality when you don’t have the proper tools, or the know how. So, since I am too a iPhone user, and a Mac fan, I will share with you my favorite applications, or on short apps that I think every designer and architect should have on their device.
This application now has more features than ever. It’s even easier to match real-world colors with paint colors and bring all your ideas to life. Get coordinating colors or create custom palettes. Search, browse, adjust, save and even share. And do it all for FREE.
And this is what the app can do:
2. Units by TheMacBox
This app is particularly useful when you need to work with different units.
Units is a really useful app for the iPhone & iPod Touch that lets you easily convert from various units into lots of others.
Units can convert Area, Currency, Energy, Temperature, Time, Length, Weight, Speed, Pressure, Power, and Volume. Are we missing anything you might need to convert?
The developers are opened to suggestions and ideas, so if you want something they don’t already have, you can drop a line on their official website!
As an added bonus, Units also has a built in ruler, for doing small, quick measurements when the need arrises.
Units will be available on the App Store soon, for free!
3.Interior Home Designer: Mark On Call
With the Mark On Call™ application, you can:
● Become a self-confident designer by creating and implementing detailed visual plans that work.
● Design for how you live by using the space programming checklist.
● Custom size, place, and lock multiple architectural, living, dining, bed, bath, kitchen, and generic room elements for intricate virtual planning.
● Save customized room items for use in all your floor plans.
● Take pictures of actual finishes, fabrics, rugs, and flooring from your favorite manufacturers and “skin” them onto ANY item or surface in your room using your iPhone camera or images from your photo library and publish and share them with other users.
● Access the Mark On Call™ Presets Palette offering pre-loaded color, pattern, wood, and stone options; apply our user-friendly color wheel; easily add your own; or import custom colors and patterns other MOC users share in the new Rooms Gallery.
● Mix and match furnishings, colors, fabrics, patterns, accessories, finishes and flooring materials before purchasing.
● Instantly measure any two points in your room with our new precision touch crosshairs measure tool.
● Make and share detailed shopping lists in your local currency to help with buying decisions.
● Add “eyeliner” to your room for eye-catching flair that will make your design pop in real life.